This month has been really great! It's going to be a hard one to beat, even with the approaching holidays.
The first weekend, I got to spend some quality time with some out-of-town family and even made a trip to Bloomington for our 6th wedding anniversary (and a grand total of 11 years together!). My 30th birthday was the following week, and Tony took me out to a fabulous dinner at J. Fords Black Angus where I ate the best steak I've ever eaten.
The following weekend was Bailey's belated birthday party with Tony's sisters, which is always a good time. The weekend after that (the 19th), I went to my cousin's house for a game night as a send-off party for another cousin who has since moved out of state. Saturday, the fam and I went to the circus in Terre Haute and had a great time with Hil and John and the in-laws. Sunday, Bailey played hard for her last soccer game of the season, and my parents and sister came to watch and visit afterward.
This weekend Tony took me on a surprise trip to northwestern Indiana for a little getaway. We gambled, ate, drank, and worked out (and even squeezed in on of my favorite pastimes: people watching! I truly enjoy this, especially when it involves watching a live band and people dancing. I absolutely love how much people get into it ... and not in the judgmental, can-you-believe-she's-dancing-like-that way, but in the "good for you for getting down/jiggy/whatever the under-30-year-olds are saying these days" way). The next day we went shopping and just had some nice one-on-one, adult conversation time where we didn't have to speak in code or anything :) Then we made it to Shipshewana for some Jo-Jo's pretzels and carousel riding.
As if the weekends weren't wonderful enough, I got a couple great play dates in there with a good friend in between weekends.
While this may seem like a trivial post to some, I am having one of those days (that's actually lasting a month) when "my cup runneth over," as it were, and felt the need to share. I have been truly blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment