The other day we were in the van and Bailey said something to me, so I turned to look at her (Tony was driving) and was just hit with realization of how beautiful she is. I mean, I know every parent dotes on their own child, and I do my fair share, but it just hit me when I turned to look at her that she is completely beautiful, especially with the big grin she was wearing. I waited until she was finished talking and asked, "have I told you that I think you're beautiful?"
She kept on grinning and said, "I knew you were going to say that."
Me: "How did you know that?"
Bailey, in all seriousness: "I could see what you were thinking."
Me: "What do you mean you could see what I was thinking?"
Bailey: "I just looked at your face and I knew that's what you were going to say."
Okay, maybe not mind reading ... more like my expressions are an open book. I once had a high school teacher tell me I could never be a professional poker player because my face showed everything that went through my mind. Still, I was impressed with her ability to pick up on anything like that. Children's perceptiveness shouldn't be underestimated. They are amazingly keen.
Not so much true for carnies, aka, carnival workers. Actually, that's harsh and not actually how I feel. Who knows what random things I would start spouting if I had their jobs. I've actually known a couple carnies, and I understand it can get pretty boring and you say anything and everything you think might draw someone in, but why would anyone think shouting, "yeeaaaaahhh, push that stroller" in an attempted seductive voice would actually draw me in. Ew. Just ew.
Anyway, the reason we were passing the carnies in the first place is because Bailey danced at the Popcorn Festival in Brazil. She did her Twinkle, twinkle little star routine from the recital, and while it was a little rusty, it was still adorable and gave me an opportunity to take a few more pictures of her in costume. Here they are:
| Bailz and Michael before the show. She is trying to tickle him to make him laugh. Clearly, he's not amused. |
| Tutu bums |
| Bailey and Willow |
| Me and my angel. |
No comments:
Post a Comment