Monday, October 8, 2012

Oh Bailey, what will I do with you?

The girl has Tony's quick wit. Sometimes more than others, that's a good thing. But whether it's a good situation for her wittiness or not, it's generally pretty funny.  Here's what I mean ...

As the four of us were traveling in the swagger wagon on Saturday, we smelled something a little off. To determine whether or not we needed to stop and change Michael's diaper, we asked Bailey if she "tooted." She replied in the affirmative and when she saw Tony and I glance at each other, she said, "oh, that smell. That's not me. No, I didn't do that" Parenting one-o-never, uncontrollable laughter when trying to teach her a confined vehicle isn't the best place for that. Class failed.

This morning at breakfast Michael was making some strange noises (on purpose) and being his normally funny self. I told Bailey, "Michael is a goofy boy. Who do you think he got that from? You or daddy?" She looked at Michael and asked, "Michael, did Papaw teach you crazy?"

Sometimes it's a matter of choosing between a clean room and unhappy children or a disaster area and happy children (exhibit below). As you can see, I chose the happy children this morning while Bailey and Michael played WELL together for about 40 minutes! I know, I couldn't believe it either. That's why I stayed out of the way and only peaked in randomly to check on them. I love that they had on a hat (Michael) and a big bow (Bailey).

Who would have imagined me of all people with a disgustingly (or "beautifully" if you're asking Bailey) pink room in my house? No? Me either, but there you have it. It just goes to show that I will in fact do anything for my children :)

Shortly after this picture was taken, Michael decided he was finished. He wanted me for awhile, but Bailey wasn't ready to be finished playing. I picked up Michael and Bailey came out of her room in all her arm-flapping, high-pitched screeching glory saying, "But he's going to MARRY, and he hasn't even brushed his teeth or brushed his hair or had a bath or anything. He won't be handsome when he MARRIES, mommy. Make him come back in here."

That's when I decided it was shocking he stayed in as long as he did! Bless his heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment