Clearly, things haven't slowed down for us around here seeing as how it's been almost 4 months since my last post. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone has given up on ever getting another update!
Forgive my lack of documenting dates and such. Everything seems like a blur lately and I honestly can't believe it's October already!
Bailey continues to keep life interesting. As many of you are aware, we had some major home projects to undertake this year. They weren't supposed to be quite as major as they were, but I've decided that's just they way it is with home ownership (I refuse to believe it's bad karma or bad luck). John saved us time and time again during these repairs, and even managed to do so with Bailey hovering and chatting his ear off. As he was up on the ladder working on the bay window that he completely re-built for us, Bailey asked, "why don't you just clean the gutters while you're up there?"
All I could do was shake my head and apologize when John told me the story that he thought was amusing.
------
We were running errands one day and she wanted to stop at the bookstore (she prefers the bookstore over the library for some reason even though we rarely purchase anything). We didn't have much time before we had to be back for dance/soccer (cannot remember which one it was) so I told her I didn't think we could that day and the following conversation ensued:
Bailey: "Here's the deal, Mommy: you take me to the bookstore today and I will get you your favorite lotion for your birthday."
Me: "And what if I take you tomorrow instead?"
Bailey: "Then I'll have to get you something else for your birthday."
It looks like I won't be getting my favorite lotion for my birthday :)
------
This past weekend, she scored her first ever goal(s) at her soccer game. She made two! I was so proud of her, even if Tony did bribe her with $10, a WOW Toy, and whip cream on her ice cream. Later that evening, she kept getting into trouble at the table (she likes to rock her chair and it makes me crazy). I got to the point where I told her if she did it again she was going to bed. Pause. Pause. Pause. Grin. "Mommy, aren't you so proud of me for making those goals at soccer today?"
------
Today, while in a public restroom in which we weren't the only occupants at the time, she yelled, "Mommy, the picture on your door shows you're in the one for old people ONLY." She meant the handicap stall (it was the only place I could park the cart without being in the way.) When I didn't immediately respond because I was trying not to laugh, she repeated herself even more loudly and I managed an "okay Bailey."
------
It was sweet relief the other night when she actually stayed in her own bed all night. Those nights are few and far between, and when she manages, she is allowed to play Super Mario on the Wii with Tony. She was getting antsy and not wanting to wait for Tony to finish up whatever he was doing and sat in the living room yelling, "caw, caw" like Tony does when he's trying to get someone's attention. Tony and Chad used to use that "calling" all the time in college, and Tony has never really let go of it, but it was funny to hear it coming out of Bailey's mouth.
------
She still has her sweet moments too, but they don't seem to be as often as they used to. We were on our way to dance class the other day and she asked from the back seat, "Mommy, have I told you today how much I love you?"
Me: "No, Bailey, you didn't. Have I told you today how much I love you?"
Bailey: "No you didn't!"
Me: "I love you to the moon and back 50 million times."
Bailey: "I love you to Texas and back, California and back, Grandma and Papaw's and back, Mamaw and Papaw's and back, and up a tree and back."
Me: "I'm the luckiest Mommy in the world."
Bailey: "Yes, you are!"
------
I know I'm leaving out numerous Bailey stories. She makes me laugh or be amazed on a daily basis. I still don't know how I got to be the luckiest mommy in the world :)
No comments:
Post a Comment