Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Our busy lives these days

Since I seem to be failing at posting regularly, I figured I needed to do something that would help me remember what has been going on so when I'm old and lonely and want to re-read these posts, there won't be a huge void of things I can't remember (hopefully). Consider the stories below as abridged versions ... I have just been writing down some of the funny/silly/sweet things that have been happening.

6/9/12: We were all in the car and Michael was chewing on a snack, I can only assume with an open mouth based on Bailey saying, "EWWWWWW! You're making it look disgusting! I'm not even gonna look at you!"

6/11/12: Michael moved Bailey's shoes that Aunt Jenny gave her (they are orange and very cute) off the shelf where they belong. Bailey asked him why he moved those pretty shoes and ended with "Those are my fancy shoes I wear to fancy places." She just shook her head at him and put the shoes back where they belong.

6/11/12: I recently destroyed my Droid Incredible 2 when I tried to replace the shattered touch screen. I got on Amazon and ordered a new screen, tools to replace it, and some special phone tape to help put it back together. Turns out, when I dropped it (I am assuming here) and shattered the screen, I must have loosened up something with the LED screen as well because when I took it apart, a bunch of tiny little white sheets moved in a little compartment that wasn't supposed to open. Woops. So instead of dealing with a shattered screen that somehow still worked, I transformed it into a black screen of death. Aunt Kimmie was kind enough to send me her old phone (also a Droid, just an earlier version), so I was messing with it all day trying to get it transferred and have my contacts and all that jazz. When Tony got home from work, I told him I needed to get some work hours in. Bailey proudly threw me under the proverbial bus with, "Yea, because Mommy didn't get ANY work in today cuz of her new phone."

6/13/12: Bailey was pretending a witch took her puppy and hid it deep in her castle. Bailey told me she was going in to save him, so I told her to make sure the witch didn't get her too. She said, "Matter of fact, she has a dog that's probly gonna try to attack me."

6/13/12: After adjusting her underbritches, she looked at me incredulously and said, "Panties weren't right. Had to pull 'em out some. The were stuck in my bum." Clearly, I have not included the word "wedgie" in her vocabulary. Part of me doesn't want to.

6/17/12: I had just given Michael a bath and put him down in his bedroom while I retrieved some pajamas out of the drawer. I regularly do this so that he gets a few "air time" minutes, if you will. Tonight, he squealed and ran like he usually does, then started back toward me with a "this is happening" look on his face. I grabbed him and ran to the bathroom and sat him on the toilet. So at 14 months, he had his first poop on the potty, which we of course all celebrated with singing and dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment