Sunday, May 20, 2012

Poor Cinny

I think this may be the first time I have ever included an update about our dog, Cinnamon, but here goes. She hasn't been doing the best. She will be 11 this year, and she acts like it's hurting her to walk lately. I think it's hip issues, so I'm trying some supplements to ease her pain. She seems to be doing a little better since we started those. Anyway, I have been a little sad lately thinking about how she has been there for all of Bailey's life so far (Michael too, obviously) and that it's possible she may not make it long enough for Michael to even remember her (as crazy as she is).

Yesterday, as we were driving in the swagger wagon, Bailey asked Tony "do dogs live as long as humans." I just looked at him, waiting for the response. We are both a little timid about answering death questions because she gets a little hung up on it sometimes and worries quite a bit.

He truthfully answered, "no, baby, they don't usually live as long as humans." Meanwhile, I had to look out the window to keep her from seeing my watery eyes. I was so emotional about Cinny anyway this past week that I didn't know what to say.

A few long seconds passed with no one saying anything. Even Michael was quiet for a change. The next thing Bailey said was, "I know one thing for sure. I'm going to get me a cat." I was so shocked at the turn in conversation that I turned to look at her to find her grinning from ear to ear.

Well, two of us will be sad when the day comes that Cinny can't be with us any longer ... Rather than label her cold-hearted, let's just say Bailey is more of a "the glass is half full" kind of person!

No comments:

Post a Comment