Sunday, March 21, 2010

Skyclad baby

So after a particularly good day (we had some cousins come visit--and they were wonderful and literally made me laugh 'til I cried), Bailey was a little run down. I hadn't put her down for a nap at all since they were playing so well together. I was getting ready to put on a nighttime diaper and pajamas this evening when she announced she needed to potty. YAY!

So she did, and then looked up at me with a pitiful face and said "mommy, do we have to put on pajamas?" And I said, "we probably should." To which she replied, "but I don't want to. I want to be nakie."

Well, what the heck? It's not the worst request ever, and she was good all day, and she had just pottied like a big girl, so I said "okay, you can be nakie for a little while."

Goodness, you would've thought I'd promised her the world! She had a renewed energy as she ran circles through the apartment, laughing the whole time.

I didn't think it could get much funnier, but then she stubbed her toe, started whimpering, and said "mommy, wwwhhyyy did you take my crocs off?" as though, by taking her shoes off, I was the one who caused her to stub her toe. A little amusing in and of itself, but the best part is that she went and found her shoes, put them back on, and continued right on running.

Priceless.

Then she went and grabbed one of her books off the shelf, set it on a stack of boxes, so it looked sort of like a podium, and proceeded to sing at the top of her lungs ... not any particular song, just making up a story and a tune as she went.

She ran around this way for about 10 minutes before I told her we really needed to put pajamas on, and by that point, she was completely fine with it. Apparently she just needed a few minutes of freedom.

1 comment:

Post a Comment