Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Memorizing Books

I've noticed when reading to Bailey that she seems to take in every last detail of the pages while I'm reading (or whomever reads it to her). So maybe it shouldn't surprise me that she can look at the pictures and say the story along with it, but she just turned two for crying out loud!

Not only can she do this with "Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear," but she can also say the words to "Humpty Dumpty" and some pages of "Hop on Pop." She also goes around singing "I'm a little teapot," "Rock-a-Baby Band," "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star," and "The Wheels on the Bus." Fun stuff!

And in case you're not familiar with this nursery rhyme and/or can't understand her, it reads:

Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear go upstairs
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear say your prayers
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear turn out the lights
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear say goodnight

1 comment:

Justacogitating said...

I might be biased but that's one of the cutest things I've EVER watched!!!

Post a Comment