Saturday, October 24, 2009

Bailey's *almost* imaginary friend

As part of our bedtime routine, I sit and read books to Bailey on the rocking chair in her room. Tonight, she wasn't as intent on the story I was reading as she normally is and kept dazing off into nothing. I kept reading, however, thinking she might be listening and just not appear to be listening.

Then in the middle of the story she said, "I like you legs Kogan."

Hmmm ... we don't know anyone by that name, and that's an odd thing to like. I thought it was a little strange but kept on reading. She looked back at the book and then started dazing off again.

She said, "I like you boots, Kogan."

Okay, twice in a matter of minutes is more than coincidence, so I asked who Kogan was. She didn't respond, so I started wondering if it was someone on the movie Spirit, which she watched with Tony earlier in the day. Or did she hear someone called that at the Fall Festival earlier today? She does pick up on everything. Or perhaps, with her imagination in full swing these days, she has a new imaginary friend.

A few minutes later, she said, "look Momma, there's Kogan" and pointed. I looked at where she was pointing and again thought it was at nothing. Finally, I realized she was pointing to her light-switch cover, which is Hulk Hogan.

hahahahahahhahahahahahaha.

Okay, first don't judge me for letting my daughter have a wrestler as a light-switch cover. It used to be Tony's and he was very insistent :) Plus, I think it's kinda fun and he is, after all, the greatest of all time and a "real American."

Second, don't judge me for my bad annunciation :) She asked me two or three days ago who that was and pointed to him. When I said "Hulk Hogan" you can guess where she came up with "Kogan." At the time, she said "he looks kinda nakie," to which I responded, "he just has his wrestling gear on." Apparently she was staring at him tonight trying to find something nice to say. LOL.

She cracks me up! Seriously, how does she remember EVERYTHING?

1 comment:

Justacogitating said...

I must watch too much Ghost Whisperer because the beginning of this was freaking me OUT ... and then the chuckles began. I like your legs, Kogan. Bwahahahah!!!

Post a Comment