Sunday, March 24, 2013

Out of the mouths of babes

A couple months ago, it was time to go to the library and listen to stories. I was having a hard time getting Bailey to understand the idea of being on time, so when she was being exceptionally slow, I told her we wouldn't be able to go in if we arrived after the start time.

As is her usual style, she asked a million questions about why and I explained that it's rude to walk in late for something (fully aware that these words would likely come back to haunt me at some point or another.)

They did. We didn't make it to Bailey's story time, which is first, but we made it to Michael's, which is an hour later. We were sitting there singing songs and listening to stories in the toddler room when a woman and her daughter came in ... about 5 minutes late.

You guessed it.

Bailey decided to very loudly state to me, "I thought you said it was rude to come in late."I proceeded to memorize the carpet pattern after whispering to her that some people either don't think it's rude or don't feel uncomfortable arriving after the start time. I don't know which of us was supposed to learn a lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment