As I rocked Michael to sleep last week, I told him, "I love you, baby."
He sat up, shook his head and said, "Me no baby. Me Mockle."
The next day, I asked him about numerous nicknames, including Mike, Mick, Rocket, Mr. Manns, MBM, Mikey, Ben, and some other more random things but received the same response every time. "No, Mockle." So Michael it is.
I have mixed emotions about this. Naturally. It boggles my mind that he will be two next week. TWO! He is growing to be such a little man. He speaks pretty clearly now and uses sentences most of the time. He is smart in a completely different way than Bailey was/is. Bailey wanted to be taught everything. Michael wants to have hands-on learning with everything. He loves buttons, belt buckles, zippers, locks, pretty much anything that looks like a problem he can solve. Bailey's mind seems to be more theoretical, always questioning and trying to understand.
They are two beautiful people, and I am both terrified and ecstatic that they are ours. Terrified because I don't want to screw them up. Ecstatic because I have the chance to watch them grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment