Monday, March 25, 2013

Florida 2013

As I sit here with a view of drooping, snow-covered branches, I wonder what in the world brought me back to this weather.

We pulled out of the drive this morning and Bailey exclaimed, "Look at all the trees!"

To which I replied, "I know. It's terrible, isn't it?"

And she, in complete awe, said, "It's beauuutiful."

I wish I could see it through her eyes. Truth be told, I can see it when I'm not in the middle of it. For example, all the pictures posted on Facebook of snow while I was in Florida ... those were beautiful because I wasn't here experiencing it. I was able to look at the dead branches frosted with cold, sticky snow and marvel at it's beauty, but that's only because I could look away from the computer screen to the sunshine and palm trees and feel non-manufactured heat.

See what I mean?

Sunshine is so much more enjoyable than the alternative.

Even cloudier days were still warm and allowed for some beach time. Sadly, this is the closest thing we have to a family photo since Michael was born. I'm so glad Carlos could photo-bomb.
Truth be told, I love Florida (Shocking, right?). I love the weather, the people, the southern hospitality. And where else can you go see Thing One, Thing Two and Hogwarts' Castle all in the same day?



If I had oodles of money, I might just commute weekly :) To think I could be watching the following rather than peering out a window at cardinals shaking off the falling snow ... I must be crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment