Monday, February 28, 2011

Where did my baby go?

Bailey is growing up way too quickly!! I don't have any idea where the time has gone or why she suddenly seems more like a little person than even a toddler!

Not only has she been fully potty trained for LONG time now, she is pottying by herself entirely, brushing her own teeth, picking out clothes, and getting dressed BY HERSELF. I'll be shipping her off to college soon!

We recently painted bedrooms, and she got to pick what she wanted in her room. Big surprise--pink! So we went with light pink on three walls and an accent wall that has darker pink. Well, that's what we thought we were going with. What actually turned out was bright pink on three walls and even brighter pink on the fourth wall. Needless to say, her room GLOWS. Literally. You can see pink out in the hallway just from the glow of her walls. I never thought I'd have that in my house! She loves it though, and has said how "beautiful" her room is, so it's totally worth it.

Michael's room is tan and orange and turned out very nice. Again, horrible with pictures, so I won't even guarantee that I'll take some and post them, but you can imagine what it would be like if I did :)

Anyway, some things I realized I'm going to miss:
Bailey saying "M-O-M" instead of m&m, "stunk" instead of skunk, "momma" instead of mommy (and even more recently mom ... hear me weeping?!), and the "d" sound she uses instead of "th." These are pretty much the only things I can think of that make her seem a little bit toddler-ish. I'm doing my best not to encourage miss-speaking, but it's so darn cute I can see why people do!

One thing I hope she never loses is her ability to replace words in songs to completely change their meaning. Tony has this knack, and I know she got it from him, and I LOVE IT! She does it to so many songs. Of course I can only think of one at the moment (probably because it's my favorite). You know John Mellencamp's "I need a lover that won't drive me crazy"? Bailey sings it "I need a daddy that won't drive me crazy" and it's the funniest thing I've ever heard. She will randomly sing it, so there's probably no chance of me catching it on video, but it's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment