Monday, February 28, 2011

Anxieties about having a second child

So I've read it's normal and there's not much to do about it now, but I'm still anxious. Even after church yesterday, where the message was a very clear "stop worrying. God will take care of you tomorrow like He takes care of you every day." Makes sense, right? Right. Still doesn't stop me worrying. I think it's a disease. My new attempt at therapy is to write my fears out and hopefully they will lessen :) Below is the short version of the things I worry about. (You would go crazy if I included the full list. I think I'm well on my way myself.)

Note: they don't always stay in this order. They just hop around and one worry takes over another until my brain can't worry about it anymore and switches to yet another ...

  • Time with Tony. It's already nearly non-existent.
  • Time with Bailey: she's already getting so big, and I'm not going to be able to hold her or pick her up for awhile afterward and I really don't want her to feel neglected. I also don't want to push her into the "I don't need you" phase. It seems like she's on the brink already.
  • Bailey feeling deserted, left out, neglected, less loved, you name it.
  • Keeping Bailey grounded and not over-compensating for my fears by buying her things or letting her get by with things that aren't ok now.
  • How Bailey will interact with Michael once he's here.
  • Time for myself: let's face it, if I don't get it, I am GROUCHY. Capital G. Capital R. How any me-time will be possible when there's another one in the picture is beyond me, but I hope I find it.
Alright, that's all I'm putting for now. I told you it would be short, so short it is. Now I'm off to try and distract any and all of these thoughts by grocery shopping with Bailey. Trust me, that takes all of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment