I wish all days were as humorous as today has been ... and last night too for that matter. We went to an IU football game last night with Tony's co-workers and took Bailey along with us. She was so funny! We put her in her little IU Cheerleading outfit from Nick and Jess. They had music there and she just danced the whole time we tailgated, getting quite a few stares from by-passers and a few overly intoxicated people clapping for her.
Then during the game, she quickly picked up on "Go IU" and the first-down hand motions as well as screaming "come off it, ref" after me one time (oops) and "let's go boys!" She loved the marching 100 half-time show and tried to mimic every move the red-steppers made.
We didn't get home until 1:00 this morning, so I was certain I was in for a real treat today. Whining, crying, the whole bit. WRONG! She has been downright hilarious. As soon as she finished her breakfast this morning she said "I wanna watch Bamdi" [meaning Bambi of course, but for some reason she says the 'd' instead of the 'b']. Lately, she has become completely obsessed with Bambi and I've had to limit her so that I don't have to see it every day.
Well, I think she's picked up on that because when I started responding with "I don't think so," I got as far as the "I don't ..." and got cut off by her saying "look my dimple face" and pressing her index finger into her dimple and grinning as big as she possibly could. UGH! She knows I'm a sucker.
After Bambi was finished, she said she needed to poo-poo on the potty. YAY! [these efforts seem to be getting better and better lately -- a large box of diapers has lasted us nearly a month compared to the previous week and a half purchases!] So we ran to the potty and she went, stood up so proud of herself and said "look like a dolphin."
After recovering from my moment of laughing-so-hard-I-cried, I really started wondering how that mind of hers works. Despite this comment cracking me up so much I could hardly stand, I was still impressed with her association because, as disturbing as it sounds, she was pretty dead on. Then she had to run out to get her dolphin [thanks Hil and John, otherwise she may have never realized what her feces looked like today]. *Sigh* Parenthood has changed my outlook on so many things ...
No comments:
Post a Comment