Today (8/30/09), we made a trip up to Turkey Run State Park in Parke County, Indiana. For anyone who hasn't been, it rivals Brown County in beauty (but not size), and is a very relaxing place to be. Tony's parents took us up there and got Bailey a pony ride, which she LOVED, and we had a picnic and enjoyed the wildlife. I took some great photos of Bailey (the ones at the very end are with the back cut off) with some bouncy pigtails that I love. So it's funny on a day when I just adored her hair that I would want to cut it so badly.
And cut it I did.
After persuading Tony that the back needed some trimming because she was getting some serious fullet going on, I gave her a bath and went to work. We took just over 2 inches off the back, and I'm so glad we did! It looks SO much better. Tony thinks she looks older, but I think it just makes you notice her face rather than the whispy business-in-the-front, party-in-the-back hair. It still curls up a little in the back, and I'm not sure if it will stay curly when it grows out some more, but it definitely looks better. Plus, I finally got to put something in the cute little keepsake boxes I got before she was born :) She now has some hair in her "first curls" box. YAY!
1 comment:
Molly, this photo of Bailey is lovely - you have a great eye for photos! Sounds like a great day and I'm so happy for you!
Post a Comment