Friday, April 5, 2013

Happy 2nd Birthday Michael!

It has come and gone, and I survived without bursting into tears at any point, even on just 4 hours of sleep! He LOVED his cake because it was a "nain." Not my best work, but not terrible.


Not only did he get a train cake, he got a train table too, and he has been playing with it while I mess around on the computer. 

About that train table ... 

I had Tony bring it in the house after we put the kids to sleep the night before his birthday. I told him I wanted us to assemble it so there wasn't too much lag time from when he opened it to when he could play with it. In retrospect, it still sounds like a great plan :)

Two hours after we started assembling, it didn't seem like such a brilliant idea. We got the table put together, but didn't even start on the track. At 1:30 a.m. on his birthday we quit. Hid the table but had nothing wrapped for him to unwrap. At 3:30 a.m. I finished the cake. At 7:30 a.m. Michael came in ready to start the day. Bailey and I wrapped his gifts during his nap.

I survived thanks to Athena (my Keurig oh-so-worthy of being named as such for the delectable brew she gives me each morning ... and throughout the day). I would not have made it without her.

^^^Above paragraph proof that I could be a famous celebrity. I already have my Oscar's speech prepared. Just add a thank you to my parents and family and ta da! ^^^

The working hours of the day weren't much different than the norm, but then in the evening, we had some people over for cake and ice cream so he knew it was a special day. We turned out having more people than I originally thought we would, and it was wonderful! We have some really great neighbors. And yes, times like these make me realize how much fun it could be to live a little closer to a lot of family.

Below: Opening his cool new clothes from Hil, John and Sean

Below: Opening pieces of his train table.

Below: Opening his gift from Bailey. More pieces to go with his train table. He was so excited he couldn't hardly stand it. At this point, he hadn't seen the table yet. Hil has those pictures, so I will have to update this post once I get them from her.

Below: Enjoying some cake and ice cream. Why anyone has a carpeted dining area is beyond me.

Below: Thanks again, Athena (and Kim, Linda, and Jenny for purchasing said goddess). Without you, I wouldn't have my eyes open at this point in the evening.

The crowd. Back row, left to right: Bill, Chip, Jorita, Joyce, Noah, Wayne, Tony. Front row, left to right: John, Sean, Hil, Michael hiding Wiley, Bailey, Miah
Thanks to all who came and all who called or sent love in any other way. It was a great day!

1 comment:

Justacogitating said...

Love it! It looks like he had an excellent birthday. I can't believe it was just a year ago when you did the big cowboy party. And I'm glad that Athena continues to give you sustenance. I've been contemplating getting one, too.

Post a Comment