The other day, Bailey asked me if she could carry some of the mail. I gave her a piece and after we'd walked up the drive toward the house, she threw it on the ground. Tony was there and said, "pick that up." She just looked at him and took off running around the side of the house.
He said, "Bailey Kay Manns, pick that mail up RIGHT NOW or you're going to get spanked."
As she was still trotting along, she looked back over her shoulder and said, "that's why I'm running away."
Good thing I was behind the garage where she couldn't see me because I couldn't even try to contain my fits of laughter. Tony came over to hide his own amusement as she finished her trek around the house. He not-quite asked, "I have to spank her, don't I?"
So after what was more like a love pat, she came over, picked the mail up, grinned as big as she could and said "sorry for running away."
Seriously TOO MUCH!
I think this is karma biting me in the rear after a similar incident with my mama around the age of 4 or 5. I was old enough to remember it, so definitely old enough to know better, but I remember she laughed too :)
1 comment:
I'm going to be chuckling about this all day long. It also reminded me of Linda telling me when I was little that I should laugh the next time Dad spanked me because it wouldn't last as long that way .... yeeeah. You can imagine Dad's/Papaw's reaction to that. After what was probably the worst spanking I'd ever received, he asked why I had been laughing. I told him. Then it was his turn to laugh.
Post a Comment