I already know there are things that should definitely be on the lists below (which is why this isn't titled "things I won't ever forget") but my memory isn't what it was before Bailey, so I'll likely have to add to it as things come up. I was just thinking the other day about all the absolute joys of being a parent. Sometimes I get caught up in the frustrating days and can't see past them, so here's my list of personal favorite things about being a mom.
Bailey saying
- "mommy, will you snuggle wif me?"
- "I love you to the moon and back [enter random number] times" or her most recent rendition of "I love you to the moon and back forever and ever"
- "will you hold my hand, mommy?"
- "you gotta share" and the look in her eye while pointing her finger at whomever just stole a few kisses.
- "good morning" and the blurry look she has that accompanies this phrase when she walks in to see me, whether it's in the actual morning or following her afternoon nap.
- "you're so lucky" referring to me having her for a daughter (can you tell I say it often?)
- "yes ma'am"
- "please" and "thank you" [sounds like "pwease" and "fank you"]
Bailey singing
- These boots are made for walkin'
- You are my sunshine
- Happy birthday
- Do Re Me (Sound of Music)
- So Long, Farewell (Sound of Music)
- Any other song she makes up using any and all of the tunes above.
The big squeezes around my neck or leg, whichever is most easily accessible at the time she wants to be sweet. The smell of her lotion after her bath. The sound of her laugh. All of her many, many expressions. The time she asked if I would go to school with her when she turns five and she broke into sobs when I told her I was too old to go to school with her (I realize this one sounds a little odd on the list, but it melted my heart to know she wanted me there. I wanted to promise her the world that day). Her brilliant little mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment