Help fellow moms!!!! WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ALL THIS GIBBERISH BABY TALK!?!?!?!
I feel like I'm losing my mind some days. It's like a complete step back to over a year ago when she couldn't speak and just pointed and made noise and cried instead of saying what she wants. Is this normal for a 2 1/2 year old?
I have heard of this happening with other children her age, but since the moms I talked to at the time were all expecting another child, I assumed it was because they knew there was another baby on the way and didn't want to lose the attention. Not the case with Bailey, so perhaps my theory was off ... either way, how do I deal with it?
I've tried saying, "Bailey, use words. I don't know what that means," and "you have to tell me why you're crying or I can't help fix it." Do I keep on keeping on, repeating these things until they spew out of my mouth at every noise that comes from hers? Or do I ignore it? I know "consistency is key," but which route do I take?
I get frustrated, exhausted and, to be honest, annoyed that she KNOWS exactly what she is doing and is just pushing. No wonder moms are crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment