Monday, January 25, 2010

This girl's clever

We stayed overnight at my sister's house on Friday, and it was time for bed. So I was laying in bed with Bailey and she said "I need to potty."

GRRRR.

I really don't like it when she says that after we're already in bed because I never know if it's a stall tactic or if she really needs to go. It doesn't help that half the time she does go and the other half she doesn't.

So we get up, go upstairs and sit in the bathroom for a good 15 minutes before my patience is gone, and I say to her, "You either need to potty or we're going back to bed."

And what do you think her response is? "Should I grin?"

Awesome. So she's figured out that grinning and being cute sometimes makes me laugh and maybe she gets by with more than she should. Apparently I'm a complete failure at hiding my amusement.

I reply, "no, you shouldn't grin."

And what does she do? Works her hardest into a grin that spans her entire face and says "Mommy, I'm grinning" while looking at me out of the corner of her eye. Seriously, how do I not laugh at that?

1 comment:

Justacogitating said...

As I was imagining this and doing my own Bailey grin, I started to turn my head and side glance even BEFORE I read that part!! She's a smart one!

Post a Comment