I took Bailey to the doctor last Friday ... just a checkup and a chance to meet the new pediatrician since the move to Terre Haute. It might be an understatement to say that she loves Dr. Holder. We have been so lucky with pediatricians so far, and I don't think our luck has run out (good news since I think we're finally done moving all over the place!)
Anyway, Dr. Holder seemed to think Bailey is doing really well for her age. Perhaps it's because her head is in the 97th percentile for size (and has been at least 95th percentile since she was born), but she said she was really smart and going to be bored with me soon. Um, thanks, I think?!?!?
She's in the 50-75th percentile for both height and weight and hasn't slowed down her eating habits, so we're good there too.
It went as well as any checkup can go, better if you factor in she didn't have to get shots! Bailey got to wear a little blue hospital gown that the nurse told her was a pretty blue dress, so she danced around in it and made herself at home in the doc's office. She even sang "You are my sunshine" to her. Little ham.
Then when the doctor left the room, Bailey said "but I wanted to go with Doctor Holder." When I explained she was going home with me, she said, "no, I want to go with Doctor Holder. I don't want to go home. I want to stay at the doctor's office." There's a first.
She literally threw a fit when we left the office. Not so fun, but at least I know she liked her. And, well, so do I. She doted all over Bailey and just kept saying how good she's doing. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go deflate the balloon that is my head :)
....
Ahhhhh, that's better.
No new updates on whether or not she has neurofibromatosis. After looking at her chart from the dermatologist, we won't likely know anything for at least four more years.
Dr. Holder said we don't need to go to a geneticist as the dermatologist suggested. She said doing so would only make us second guess everything in Bailey's development and wouldn't change anything either way. She seemed to think it would only add stress to our lives (ummm, no thanks!).
And when I told her we'd already decided it wouldn't change our minds on whether or not to have future children, she agreed that not going to see the geneticist was probably the best for us.
So it's nice to be on the same page as the doctor. And don't take us off the prayer list for at least another four years :) They're working so far!
2 comments:
What the huh? I hadn't heard anything about this concern.
I'm glad she likes her doctor ... that should last at least until she needs a booster shot. :)
She has cafe au lait spots (they look a little like birth marks) and she has quite a few of them. More than the normal amount, which could be a sign of neurofibromatosis, so they're just watching. It's a neurological disease that affects brain development. There's no cure and nothing we can do about it if she does have it, so we're just praying she doesn't!
Post a Comment