Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Who's watching the child?

In the evenings, when Tony and I are both here, I'm not completely certain if Bailey is watched more or less closely. Last night makes me think less. It was one of those moments when Tony and I each thought she was with the other. Luckily, this doesn't happen terribly often, but it did last night.

I was back the hall hanging up clothes and Tony was in the living room with Bailey (so I thought). I finished what I was doing and walked out to join them and saw Bailey in the kitchen.

What was she doing?

Shoveling, and I do mean SHOVELING jelly belly's into her mouth. She couldn't speak for a good five minutes for all the chewing she had to do. There was juice all down her chin and somehow down her right leg from about mid-thigh to her toes!

What started as a really nice assortment of jelly belly's was left brutally wounded after her ransacking, but it was still too funny to be upset about. She was entirely pleased with herself for getting the box off the table and the tray off the jelly belly's. And if you could have seen the look on her face when she was caught, it was a "look what I did" proud sort of look and not a "I'm in for it now" sort of look.

If only it hadn't been so late at night, keeping her up until 11:30!

2 comments:

Cousin Cathy said...

And where is the picture of this messy jelly belly kid???

Molly said...

It was, AGAIN, one of those moments I wish I'd thought to grab the camera before grabbing the messy child to clean her up. One of these days I will learn!

Post a Comment