This morning, before we went into the Church, we were talking with Bailey and trying to explain why she needed to be still and quiet while we were in there. Here is the conversation that followed after the service:
Bailey: "Momma, are we going to Church now?"
Me: "We just did."
Bailey: "Are we gonna learn about Jesus now?"
Me: "Well, if you sat still and listened in Church, you would have learned about Jesus."
Bailey: "Well, I didn't. I just wiggled and looked at people."
Pause. Not sure what to say and how not to laugh a little.
Me, grinning: "Next time you should sit still and listen."
That must have made her think because that's all she said for a few minutes. When the next idea came out, it was completely unrelated (i.e., about football and whether or not she could wear her Colts jersey) and we had apparently moved on.
I don't think I will ever understand how that mind of hers works.
Another bit of honesty I might have been better off without: Last weekend when I was at home, one of Bailey's cousins gave me a hug and said "Your belly feels like you're going to have another baby." And, well, since I'm not, I just replied, "Um, okay, I'm not." And then I just laughed. Better brutal honesty than white lies ...
No comments:
Post a Comment