We also decided to get a puppy! After a long, hard decision between the names Beauty and Dixie, Bailey finally decided on ... wait for it ... Sugar. We told her we were going to let her pick out a girl puppy and she said she was going to have to wait until she saw her to know which to name her. She was leaning toward Beauty and then we started to play with her and Bailey said, "She's so sweet, I think we should call her Sugar." After talking to Tony, the two of them decided her name would be Sugar Foot Manns. So now we have Cinnamon and Sugar :)
Here she is, and I will refrain from too much comment on the "sweet" factor after she stole Michael's sandal yesterday and went to hide under the pine tree that mauled my arm when I tried to get her and said sandal back into Michael's possession. To say Cinny is a huge fan of her would be a lie, but she is much more comfortable with her now than when we first brought her home. If you look closely, you can see Cinny hiding in the background of the second picture. Sugar is a mix between an English Shepherd and an Eskimo Spitz, and there is quite a difference between the size of the mother and father, so we're really not sure how big she will be.
Michael broke out in a full body (arms, legs, face, hands, feet, stomach, back, bottom - literally full body) rash that is so far unexplainable, but seems to be worse when we're outside, so I'm thinking something to do with grass, pollen, sun, or who knows what else! We see an allergist from Riley at the end of this month. It has, however, faded quite a bit and shows up mostly on his feet and legs when we're outside. He is currently off all medication because we wondered if it was a reaction to the Singulair, but 3 weeks post-beginning-of-the-rash, I'm beginning to doubt that was the cause. The good news is that his cough is almost completely gone, even without medication, and his runny nose is minimal.
We went up to Tony's parents for Memorial Day weekend and had a little bonfire, complete with 3 of his sisters and some s'mores, so an overall winning combination. Here are the two clowns who can't seem to get enough of the outdoors. Bailey probably won't thank me for the picture below, but it cracks me up!
Other than that, I've been building "the mighty Jordan" as Tony calls it. We have a waterway just South of the house when it rains. We extended our yard into the woods a little and this waterway separates the old yard from the additional yard, so I wanted to make it look more like it was on purpose. I've added a ditch and river rock to the area to make it more creek-like.
Tony and I have both worked quite a bit on the project. I read that if the source of the water is hidden, it adds to the overall effect of a waterway, so Tony put large stones over the ditch drain to make it look less man-made. I think it's great! I don't have a picture of it yet, but it's been raining pretty much ever since we started working on it, which in a way is nice because it helped us see the natural flow of water. Plus, the kids and puppy loved playing in the rain while I worked. After one eventful morning when Michael ran out, fell in the mud, and was pounced upon by Sugar (who was also muddy), Michael decided to run through the ditch that runs opposite to the new waterway, which was just slushy enough to thoroughly coat him in very muddy water. He and Bailey squealed and called it chocolate milk, resulting in more running, falling, sitting, and rolling in it. Here he is just before his bath, looking somehow cleaner in the picture than he did in person.
Tony and I have both worked quite a bit on the project. I read that if the source of the water is hidden, it adds to the overall effect of a waterway, so Tony put large stones over the ditch drain to make it look less man-made. I think it's great! I don't have a picture of it yet, but it's been raining pretty much ever since we started working on it, which in a way is nice because it helped us see the natural flow of water. Plus, the kids and puppy loved playing in the rain while I worked. After one eventful morning when Michael ran out, fell in the mud, and was pounced upon by Sugar (who was also muddy), Michael decided to run through the ditch that runs opposite to the new waterway, which was just slushy enough to thoroughly coat him in very muddy water. He and Bailey squealed and called it chocolate milk, resulting in more running, falling, sitting, and rolling in it. Here he is just before his bath, looking somehow cleaner in the picture than he did in person.
Bailey starts her pre-kindergarten readiness class tomorrow, so it appears as though June will be another sanity test for me. Wish me luck!


No comments:
Post a Comment