Friday, February 1, 2013

If it's a battle of who-outsmarted-whom, I'm not sure I won

Last night, Bailey and I were pretending that she was the mom and I was the little girl. We played for a long time this way. We were in Michael's room and I looked around and said, "this room is really a mess." She smiled and said, "Well, Bailey, you're the one who got all the toys out, so you have to pick them up."

I laughed and started cleaning while she stood and watched (I promise I don't stand and watch her work singing "Cinderelly, cinderelly"). I finished Michael's room and she said, "now go clean your room, Bailey."

I walked into her room and heard her say to Michael, "we should play this game every night."

She's clever. I must say, though, that's the first time in a long time I've been able to pick up and not feel like it was all for naught because they weren't in another room destroying it at the same time. So maybe I won a little ... or at least I'll console my ego this way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment