Friday, March 16, 2012

Time to lighten things up!

So the last few posts have been pretty heavy. I will make this one much more enjoyable for all (hopefully).

Michael, when given any split second of time, will find trouble. It's like it calls to him and he can't resist. He's even begun crawling towards things he knows he isn't supposed to have (light sockets, cabinets, stairs, etc.), stop, shake his head no, look around to see if anyone's watching, then crawl as fast as he can toward it. Most of the time, he's laughing all the while.

Today, I had him closed in the bathroom with me as I was trying to tame my slept-on-wet mane. Next thing I know, splash, splash, splash ... three toys in the toilet and he's grinning ear to ear trying to reach in and get them. Seriously? I never had that problem with Bailey. She would sit and play quietly. Not Michael. Thankfully, I had flushed it after Bailey had yet-again forgotten to do so when she was finished. It was gross enough fishing things out of a clean toilet.

A few minutes later, I heard Bailey close her door. Usually when she does that, she's playing dress up or changing clothes and wants to surprise me, so I didn't think much of it. When she didn't come out after a few minutes, I opened the door to check on her. She very sassily pointed out that the sign on her door said "princesses only." Apparently, I didn't qualify.

After lunch, I tried to lay Michael down for a nap, but he's been in the bad habit lately of fighting it tooth and nail. He wiggled and squirmed until I literally couldn't hold him anymore, so I laid him in his crib. He cried for a minute and then was quiet. I thought it was going rather well until I looked in the monitor. He was sitting up doing the whole falling-over-I'm-so-tired routine. You know, when you are sitting up and start to fall asleep, then jerk awake as you start to topple over.

It was like a train wreck I couldn't look away from. I watched him at it for a couple minutes then went to get my camera and recorded a video of the video monitor. Unfortunately, it's too big to email to myself and my phone will only upload it to Facebook (which no longer provides a public link unless I make the video available to the public, which I don't want to do. So if you want to see it, you'll have to go there or ask someone who has an account to show you). It was too funny. Finally, I went in and physically laid him down. He cried again for about 10 seconds but didn't sit back up. Too sweet :)

Every day is an adventure with these two clowns!

No comments:

Post a Comment