Thursday, December 15, 2011

Great day with Miss Kay

We didn't do much differently yesterday, but it was a very good day with Bailey, which seems momentous enough in itself to blog about these days :) She's been testing boundaries lately, and I feel like there is quite a bit of negativity, so the really good days shine like stars!

We played a game while Michael took his morning nap and then worked out together, which is always interesting. Yesterday was particularly funny because she kept putting dumbbells on my stomach as I was doing some ab exercises. When I told her that wasn't really a very nice thing to do, she said "but your stomach is squishy so I wanted to see what would happen."

Clearly, we don't do this workout often enough :)

By the time Michael woke up and we all ate, it was time to get ready for Wednesday dance class, and she listened MUCH better this week at class. She was starved by the time we got back home and wanted to help make dinner.

I put aside all my control issues and gave her jobs to do. She was really a good help and did her jobs really well! I was so impressed with her, and she ate dinner really well after feeling like she was a big part of it. I went to bed feeling particularly pleased with the day and with her. I'm thinking she may be ready for more responsibility during the day and hoping that giving her some will alleviate some of the frustrations we both seem to have!

1 comment:

Justacogitating said...

Love it! FYI: in my toning class, the instructor will often have us put one hand weight on our stomach while doing crunches. I've never been able to feel how it helps but she insists that it does. Go Bailz!

Post a Comment