Apparently Bailey picked up on the word "terrible" at some point over the Easter holidays because the following conversation occured when we returned home (which I found it entirely amusing at the time but now dread this same conversation recurring in public and my own complete humiliation) ...
Bailz: "Mommy, that smells terrible."
Me: "What does honey?"
Bailz, emphasizing each syllable and pointing her little finger at me: "That's really terrible Mommy. You need to go to the bathroom."
Me, laughing: "I didn't do anything."
Bailz: "You tooted Mommy. That smells really stinky. Get in the bathroom right now." (stretching out the words "right now")
Me, laughing even more: "That wasn't me Bailey. I don't know what you're smelling. Did you toot?"
Bailz: "No mommy. That smells really terrible. Get. in. that. bathroom. right. now! You need to potty 'cause thats so stinky."
At that point, I just laughed and let her go on and on about how terrible something smelled. And she did carry on about it for a couple minutes. We haven't had any similar conversations so far, so I'm hoping I diffused it enough that I won't need to turn bright red from embarassment and apologize to anyone later.
No comments:
Post a Comment