Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Brief Update from January 2014

The boy has been cracking me up lately! He does things every day that make me laugh, even when I'm trying not to ... you know, when he's doing something wrong, which is often.

I can't possibly remember all the things, and I have been terrible about writing them down, but here are a few for your enjoyment.

I'm sure most of you have heard Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Ball. I'd link to it, but I can't figure out for the life of my why she finds it desirable to make out with a sledge hammer. Honestly. Or why she rides a wrecking ball naked. Not one of her finer moments. If you haven't seen it, I suggest searching for it on YouTube and then switch tabs so you don't have to watch it! Michael sings it. Sometimes correctly. Sometimes changing the words to I came in like a Michael Manns, which is uncanny in its accuracy!

Last night we were having some fruit and dip as dessert. I asked if it was good and Grandma said, "It must be. Michael is eating it with a fork." He looked up as he was getting ready to shovel in another bite and said, "that's because I don't have a spoon."

Bailey is starting to sound things out and spell them. She's usually pretty good at it. The other night they were laying in bed and I was sitting in the room. We were talking about watching movies and eating popcorn and Bailey mentioned something and tried to sign what she was talking about. I told her I didn't understand so she just needed to say it. She replied with, "I can't say it out loud because Michael will F-U-C."

My jaw dropped. What in the world was she talking about?!?! I just sat there dumbly trying to figure out a response. Anything. Meanwhile, my mind was racing trying to figure out what she meant and had she heard that word and, if so, where.

Then she said, "Oh, I mean F-U-S."

When I started laughing she said, "What? He would."

In other news, cabin fever is starting to set in from the blizzard of 2014. Actual temps are -13 and the wind chill is -38, so going outside really isn't an option (though the Amish neighbors seem to have no issues. I have heard them out with the cows when letting the dogs out.) The snow is beautiful, but I'm tired of looking at it from inside the house.

The heathens are getting into trouble as I type, so I'm off here for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment